Thread: E93 Rain Drains
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Code/wrench Monkey

Mein Auto: Miata NC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
That is an interesting idea. I was wondering how to apply Gummi upside down. Out of curiosity, what width paint brush are you using? If I understand your technique, you are basically 'painting' the seal with Gummi, using the paint brush?
Painted it on then rubbed with fingers to ensure it reached everywhere - hope it's ok on skin

Have never gone to this extreme before but I would like to get this car sorted out. Could easily swap it out for a new G37 or IS convertible but I hugely prefer the E93.

The brush I used was very small (one you'd use to paint a water color background with). Next time at the Home Depot I'll pick up a suitable 1/4" brush which should work faster even if it splashes more. Be sure to cover seats with towels, I draped towels under the seals but the rear seats ended up with a few splodges. Lexol a couple of hours later appears to have removed the marks Gummi Pledge made on the black leather. Also I need something to keep the Gummi Pledge in now as it the original container does not work well once the foam applicator is removed. Never like that applicator and from now on will use with a paint brush.

Six Euro Deliveries since December 1998 (Owned E46, E90, E91, E92 and E93)

28 vehicles in 26 years of driving so far. Guess I like cars