View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 530i 5spd Manual
Brian- I've been going over options and thinking this through... and you're like the 3rd person to tell me this. Plus I'm still not 100% sold on the newer X3's transmission, high used cost and high cost of 5yr ownwership. And for the price of a used 2010 X3 with 45k I can get a lot of "other vehicles" that are newer if not new!, lower miles and cost much less for maintenance. The X3 is overkill for Tampa. I wear short sleeves 99% of the year. So why take on extra trans issues and maintenance and worse MPG's for no reason other than to have a wagon-esque utility. One huge issue we keep having is my wife is 5'-0". She cannot drive Camry's, 5 series, E classes Etc size "cars". Especialy b/c of the car seating position generally being low. Her favorite type of vehicle is a crossover with mini-van type seating. Like her mom's Lexus RX330 being the epitome. That's about the largest vehicle she can safely drive and she likes the tall seating that type of car has. A minivan is going to be way too big of a vehicle for her. So I think we're stuck picking a crossover and calling it a day.

I (She) has narrowed it down to:
-Lexus RX
-Acura RDX (CRV in a prom dress with slightly better roof safety numbers)
-Honda CRV
-Toyota Highlander
-GMC Terrain/Chevy whatever it's called version
-Subaru Forester? Not sure if that's the model but these things popped up out of no where in the last few years around us. Very popular.
-Ford Edge/Lincoln MKX

Any of these would be much larger than a C300. Especially being the rear seats fold down in all of the above... None of my 2 BMW's and her Benz cars even have rear seats that fold down. So any crossover will provide huge utility vs what we have. I think any of these tall station wagons will suffice. I kind of like the Acura RDX. 4cyl Turbo. Honda simplicity and cheapness with a set of HID's basically. The GM's offer a 10yr/100k powertrain warranty which is a huge plus. Need to widdle them down and see if a 2-3yr old CPO or New one makes sense and pull the trigger. No huge rush...

Garage queen: '07 335i Sedan, base pkg, 6spd Manual, Procede 3 V5 w/NLS, staggered 18" 313's w/Conti DWS's, OS Giken TCD LSD, VAC Street Diff Cover, Akebono Euro Pads, CDV Removed, Black BMW Grilles, Interior & Exterior white LED lighting, LUX Angel Eyes, Debadged, Llumar ATR Tint.

Last edited by FLE39; 12-30-2012 at 08:15 PM.