View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley223 View Post
another question, i have the enhanced bluetooth thing. it is cool that I can stream from my iphone but it takes me to the last song I was listening to on my phone, and I can only listen to whatever album I happend to be listening too last. Doesn't seem like I can change albums/artists. Do I need to plug the phone into the car in order to do that?
The sound quality of Bluetooth vs. USB is bad, so if you're talking about streaming music from your iTunes library, here's some honest advice:

Don't bother using your iPhone as a music source. Just blow the dust off of that beater iPod Touch you have laying around the house, load it up with 1000's of songs, and leave it permanently sync'd to USB in the armrest.

The upside to using your iPhone for this purpose is very limited, actually causes more confusion and configuration than is necessary. Use the iPhone via Bluetooth only for calls and texts, use an iPod Touch in the armrest via USB for the music. Trust me on this one.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®