View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Another thing is torque vectoring. Audi does it. Why not BMW in all their models?
BMW does not even offer it as an option on X5. Yet, it is an option on X3 by using their brakes. Unlike the Audi variant, it is an electronic braking system for X3.

BMW X5M does have it.

Torque vectoring seems more like a more advanced variant of traction control. The BMW's brake implementation should be free and be part of traction control system rather than a separate charge item as they did for X3. I suspect that most of the dynamic handling package valuation has more to do with the dynamic damper control. (I base that off comparing price delta between damper control in 5 series vs. X3. )

As for the rest of the discussion, I am wait an see attitude regarding Acura and what they do with MDX and Hybrid. Japanese are more interested in hybrid system from than turbo based direct injection engine.

I pinning more of my hope in Audi Q7 in coming up with a worthy competitor that is priced reasonable unlike their Porsche cousin. Audi is a company vested in getting more sporty and luxurious as the same time. Audi Q7 vs BMW X5 is ready for round 2.

Last edited by henrycyao; 12-30-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: correct some sentences to make it clearer