View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGray5 View Post
I just talked with a friend who is an electrical engineer about this subject and he said that BT definitely has reduced sound quality compared with direct USB...so I think I'm going to load music onto the HD and when I want to pay from the iPhone I'll plug in. I did spend the money for premium audio, so no sense in feeding it low resolution data.
I am too

Quote:
about this subject and he said that BT definitely has reduced sound quality compared with direct USB...so I think I'm going to load music onto the HD and when I want to pay from the iPhone I'll plug in. I did spend the money for premium audio, so no sense in feeding it low resolution data.
All things being equal (they never really are) BT has the ability to provide the same quality as plugging in, after all an MP3 at 256 smapling, is the same regardless of the medium. You are not really putting through that much data so the bigger "pipe" of the cable really is underutilized.

The difference is that wireless technologies such as blue tooth are susceptible to interference, and it is that interference that can degrade the quality. I always prefer/recommend plugging in when its an option, but for me its really about convenience. I use Pandora almost exclusively in the car, and I do not use an iphone so I am forced to use Bluetooth.

Quote:
... so no sense in feeding it low resolution data.
Sorry, but this statement does not apply.

Last edited by miamiboyca; 12-31-2012 at 09:51 AM.