View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
I have to disagree with you on this. If you said powertrains (includes AWD systems), I would have agreed.

Year after year, BMW's engines are award winning and they lead their respective segments in terms of fuel economy, while still having top of class performance. N55 and N20 are prime examples of that. Let's not forget the F10 M5's nuke under the hood

Everyone I talk to tells me that BMW's diesels are class leading.

Only thing they seem to be missing is good hybrids, which I couldn't care less about. If I'm buying a hybrid, it's gonna be Japanese. Diesel? German

Another thing is torque vectoring. Audi does it. Why not BMW in all their models?
Again, BMW has an amazing engine formula. N55,N57, M57, N20, N63...etc. Even Jeremy the ape Clarkson commended BMW for making the M57 a beast of a motor.

However Diesel is great for low end grunt and towing. However at higher speeds, the power numbers falter.

A hybrid system, done with Traditional BMW engineering would probably nuke every single motor out their. The low end torque, coupled with instantaneous acceleration would be probably every BMW enthusiasts wheels of choice. It would also sit in line with BMW new efficient dynamics moniker. Plus at high speeds, you would experience a similar or better feeling when accelerating.

Just my 2 rupees lol

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!

Last edited by NoI4plz; 12-31-2012 at 03:08 PM.