View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by av98 View Post
You are basically paying for an over-priced 370Z GT type car which isn't nimble but designed for fast off the line acceleration and long endurance type high speed runs; target American muscle cars. The close ratio gear box is due to the fast straight line acceleration it's designed for on the lower gears then taller high speed for the higher gears. The outgoing G37 is also much heavier in terms of the car's chassis but not structurally stiff as needed for lateral G forces; hence it feels like a boat compared to an E46, E9x or F3x.

If you don't like the immediate response during quick maneuvers that the BMWs excel at then the G37 is the car for you. But if you like immediate connectivity to the road that the BMWs & Porsches feeds back, stay away from the G37.
I have driven and sat in a g37 6mt multiple times, and I own a none sport f30 328i with bridgestone summer tires.
I really dont know what your talking about the 328i being more nimble and responsive. The g37 has days less body roll when tossing it vigorously between lanes. Also the electronic power steering has absolutely no feel and feels way slower to respond to steering inputs. Also keep in mind the g37 has a double wishbone suspension which will support the extra 200 pounds much better.
To the OP a 328i will leave a lot to be asked for. If you are getting a bmw I would suggest the 335i.
Just my opinion.