View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
Somehow the shelf got bumped, dumping the entire mixture of milk and beaten eggs into the back seat.

I don't know if she ever got that smell out of the car.
That's horrible. I doubt she did; the odor of soured milk is all but impossible to remove completely.

I am nearly done with my spill adventure. I had wondered why I extracted so much less than a gallon of fluid from the trunk lining and yesterday I found the answer: The insulation blanket under the rear seat was thoroughly soaked, even more so than the trunk. I figure the cap must have snapped off the bottle when it rolled forward at a stop, dumping most of the contents over the body rail at the front of the trunk & under the seat. Removing that blanket without cutting it entailed removing the split-folding seat backs, which was no picnic. Everything else was quick and easy.

It's all dry now, awaiting reassembly later today. I don't mind the work because nothing screams "neglected car" like the smell of mildew--there's no way I will let that take hold!

N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA