View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
Last year we noticed that the trunk light in our '11 335is turned itself after some undetermined period of time.

My wife came home from work one day, opened the trunk to unload it, and then saw the next door neighbor out in front, so she went over to chat. I went out some time later because I heard that she was home but hadn't come into the house yet. When we walked back to the garage, the trunk light was off. Just to make sure that the trunk light hadn't burned out, I closed the trunk and when I opened it again it came on. I didn't know that it did this. We've since confirmed this on at least a couple other occasions. I definitely didn't know it was known as "workshop mode".

(Did you spill something in your trunk?)
This is how my trunk light works, too.

Maybe somehow "workshop mode" disables the normal light timing mechanism. Maybe if you just let the lights turns off "naturally" the trunk light would have gone off, too.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 01-01-2013 at 09:54 AM.