View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:10 AM

Mein Auto: 1997 bmw 740 il
[FONT="Arial Black"]well i have been in the garage all night fooling around with the radio, fuses and the stuff in the trunk. My fuses are ok. I almost had the cassette player out but after you loosen the 2 little screws behind the little doors on either side of the cassette, it still won't come out. Now i could probably get it out if i didn't care about the dash and those damned little clips. It hangs up on something on either side and the trim on top. So then i tore up the trunk. Without having the test equipment or replacement parts it's just busy work. I'd take it to an auto stereo store but most of them are kids working in the shop and they don't care about how they wire things up and you can't watch them and once they clip it it's clipped for good. That's what is really keeping me from having it fixed. Bmw shop is way too high for this type of work unless they can hook something up to your system and tell you right off what the trouble is. Changing parts until you find it is no way to do it. I am still sure that this is a common problem with these cars, just like the glove box latch. I kinda know a parts guy at the bmw shop and i'm going to take him to lunch, send him a pizza or something and see if he can ask his tech's what the common problem is. If you find out before me let me know and i'll do the same.