View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 s28i X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggie View Post
The hardware is fine. It's just the software that's causing the lags and hesitation. If the hardware is the problem, things will still be bad in DS, sport, sport+, sport++++++++ modes.

All I want is a "daily driving" mode that has the throttle responsiveness of the DS mode, but without the gear holding at high rpms. Don't tell me that I have to toggle back and forth just to overtake. I'd buy a manual transmission if I want to mess with the shifter.

If they made the car laggy just because of fuel consumption, they're targeting the wrong audience. I'd buy a prius if I wanted good gas mileage.
Having the same issues in my X1 with the N20 engine. I'm fed up. The car is too new to wait for: 1) any acknowledgement from BMW, followed by 2) any attempted fix. We get honked at in intersections because the engine won't budge for a full second after depressing the accelerator. It's dangerous too. So after some discussion on the X1 forum I decided to order the BMS tune - really, really hoping it addresses the problem.