View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i / 2007 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrapo View Post
I also have a 2007 X3 that I think probably needs a bettery soon. Looking at Autozone.com, there are several "exact fits", including the Autocraft Gold battery, but then the website has this disclaimer warning pop up:

730 CCA; OE Group H6; OE CCA Rating: 570; DO NOT INSTALL; When batteries are replaced in these models, the battery information must be reset in the power management system and the battery replacement registered. If this is not performed, the system works off inaccurate data which can lead to issues such as premature failure of the new battery. Please inform customers with these vehicles of this issue and recommend that they have their battery replaced at an authorized BMW dealership/shop.

Does anyone know what this is and if it's something I'll have to deal with when swapping batteries?
The Autozone Duralast Gold works on the X3 fine, I installed one this past spring on our X3

The E83 X3 does not require the battery reset procedure like newer BMWs with the new electronics. Just pop in and go =)