Thread: New to BMW's
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1986 327is
Well, sold the vert to another first time e30 owner, but took the brand new Bilstien Sports off and stuck them in the sedan - that was about a month ago.

Last Saturday, my guys at the shop volunteered to help me out and get the 4dr track ready for Homestead next weekend. So, swapped in a manual, made coils, changed the brakes, flushed the g260 with Redline.

Saw this mod on a website. Wrap your selector with solder to weight it. Can't tell if it did much because I also made brass bushings for the lever and installed a short/short throw lever.

Slotted rotors, Pagid Red pads.

Shoe-less!

One of the employees posing with the auto-tragic.

Had to use my old XXR's on the front. The 205/60 on the weaves almost touched the strut tubes in stock configuration and rubbed once I put on a new sleeve for the spring adjusters...

Now you don't see it,

...and now you do.

Then I called the wife. We were working on the car from 10am to almost midnight. She was out having a cocktail with her cousin, so I dropped in. It was 2 for 1 at the pub, when the girl asked me if I wanted a large mug, I said sure, not thinking I was getting half a gallon of Guinness. Walked in the pub, dirty and all.

The 1986 325es Delphin project LINK

Project 1988 325i sedan "Pinky" LINK