View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedOakley View Post
Well it looks like my post has people researching whether to pay their income taxes now or not....but in regards to the battery I got a call from an independent repair shop and they said on the 2007 that I have it is necessary to register it and they do it for free if you have them put in the battery. But since it was over New Years and they were closed I did it myself so my wife is taking it I over to them tomorrow to get it registered just to be safe and she will find out what they would have charged to replace the battery had we have them do it and then what they are going to charge to register it...will let you know once this is done. This guy claimed it can cause the battery to not last as long or even possibly do the battery in...but I still think this is somewhat of a BMW scam as everything is so sophisticated it should be able to know a new battery has been put in....but I guess better safe than sorry!
That's good. The battery does need to be registered. Not all these computer controlled things are as automated as it would seem they should be.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **