View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335xi
Help getting rid of lease (335xi E92)? Not a novice, but running into dead ends

Short story - I've got a loaded 2012 335xi coupe on lease, way below mileage requirements. It's listed in the classifieds here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=664793

The trouble is that after a few months of craigslist postings and a little dabbling here, I can't seem to get anyone to even bite. It's actually a pretty good deal; I got it at dealer cost and the super elite tier money factor.

I'm not really working right now and am therefore an idiot for having the car. I'd love to offer some lavish incentive to get rid of it, but if I could afford that, I could afford the car. Make sense? I'm drawing down my savings like crazy to not default and keep my credit rating.

The residual is nice and high, which was great for the lease terms, but impossible for a sale to a private buyer - the payoff quote is about $8k over market value due to the artificially high residual that BMW set at the time of the lease. As you can see from above, I don't have $8k in my pocket for the difference.

Not looking for pity or "told you so" posts; I'm an adult and will face my own consequences, but just curious if anyone has had a similar experience and how you resolved it.

Last edited by EyesOnly; 01-02-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Typo
Advertisement