View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnly View Post
Short story - I've got a loaded 2012 335xi coupe on lease, way below mileage requirements. It's listed in the classifieds here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=664793

The trouble is that after a few months of craigslist postings and a little dabbling here, I can't seem to get anyone to even bite. It's actually a pretty good deal; I got it at dealer cost and the super elite tier money factor.

I'm not really working right now and am therefore an idiot for having the car. I'd love to offer some lavish incentive to get rid of it, but if I could afford that, I could afford the car. Make sense? I'm drawing down my savings like crazy to not default and keep my credit rating.

The residual is nice and high, which was great for the lease terms, but impossible for a sale to a private buyer - the payoff quote is about $8k over market value due to the artificially high residual that BMW set at the time of the lease. As you can see from above, I don't have $8k in my pocket for the difference.

Not looking for pity or "told you so" posts; I'm an adult and will face my own consequences, but just curious if anyone has had a similar experience and how you resolved it.
Not sure that I should really chime in here. Certainly the residual is "high" for a 2012 car (that would look a lot better 2 - 3 years from now)...and you may still be competing with leftover "new" cars from dealerships. Quite frankly, your monthly is similar to my "fully equipped" '08 335i (sports pkg, nav, etc.)...although it wasn't the "xi"...hard to calculate the difference!

It goes without saying that getting out of a lease EARLY is DIFFICULT due to the depreciation factor...especially with a 2012!!

As stated in here, there are "lease takeover" companies (I had checked them out previously), but quite frankly speaking, this could be a big hassle as you deal with your lease company who must "vet" the buyer...GOOD LUCK anyway.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA