View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
I've never seen any brand new car that didn't need or couldn't some paint correction. Having new car prep done to any car is essential especially black paint. There are so many imperfections from the factory and then when dealer gets it.

It's a night and day difference after you have paint correction. But yes dealer preps it but its not even close to looking how it should.

There are numerous blogs online that show Ferrari's brand new that need paint correction. They are known for being delivered with some serious paint imperfections as is just about every new car.
I change my mind and I will now get the car myself and drive to the detail shop which is 40 minutes from the dealer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
I completely disagree, factory paint finished cars from BMW are near perfect. Unless the car was washed by the dealer, sat outside for a long time, etc then I could see there being an issue. I have been able to wash and apply opticoat on 2 new BMWs with perfect results. These were on special ordered cars that had very little transit time (spartanberg).

Ferrari is a smaller outfit with less automation so i could see factory paint quality being poor.