View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '91 535i 5-spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdbtony View Post
I thought about it but I'm kinda of a crazy driver so I wany my handling to improve by a lot and it would get rid of most of my body roll in turns
Nope.

First off, improving the sway bar bushings is really what's important. Replacing the stock ones with Energy Suspension's better design will make a dramatic change. Switching out to an M5 bar from a salvage yard would be an excellent score. Getting real spendy with a Racing Dynamics sway bar kit would have the car handling like it's absolutely on rails, even with the stock 15's.

If that doesn't put a smile on your face, then the next stop would be a set of Koni or Bilstein dampers.

Any positive change in the sway bar performance will add to the spring rate during during cornering...with only a comparatively minor reduction in asymmetrical bump response. That's what you're really looking for.

I highly recommend leaving the springs alone unless they're completely unserviceable or you're trying to drop the trim height (which also won't reduce roll as much as messing with sway bar).