View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Mr Real Estate

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535i Xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
I completely disagree, factory paint finished cars from BMW are near perfect. Unless the car was washed by the dealer, sat outside for a long time, etc then I could see there being an issue. I have been able to wash and apply opticoat on 2 new BMWs with perfect results. These were on special ordered cars that had very little transit time (spartanberg).

Ferrari is a smaller outfit with less automation so i could see factory paint quality being poor.
All you have to do is take a new car that's direct from factory or even dealer out in the sun and see the imperfections or better yet with a shop spotlight. I am a real estate broker and deal with a lot of high end clients with BMW's, Mercedes, etc etc and I am blown away by how the cars look brand new. Most people won't notice any issue.

Of course when you see the car new and clean you think it looks perfect but there is so much wrong with the paint its a shame.

There are a few issues..1st off the dealer always makes a mess of the car when they prep it. (even though you think it looks good) Or if the car is delivered direct from factory there are sometimes still small things and these things are often supposed to be cleaned up at the dealer. So no matter where the car is picked up its not nearly in the shape a $60,000+ car should look like. I would suggest you call around to local detailers or even visit them and ask them about the new cars they see. It is a very well known problem with new cars.