View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw View Post
Holiday Cash expired yesterday and was only applicable to 2013's, not 2014's. Programs haven't come out for those models so I trust you're client advisor didn't misinform you.
Well, it was worth a shot at least. My CA did say there's a chance it won't work but as he read it he thought there might be a chance and was going to try and see.

Okay, some more information as I've got my build sheet now.

It still has code 205 for the transmission which google says is the 6 speed transmission (sorry for those hoping it was going to be the new 8 speed) and the servotronic steering is still standard on the 35i.

There are a few codes I wasn't expecting.
DVD area coding
BMW Assist eCall
BMW TeleServices

In the 2013 build configurator there's a $600 option for "BWM Assist with enhanced bluetooth". I don't recall my CA mentioning this option when he read the 2014 options page but before I assume it's now standard, can someone confirm if these codes are installed in all cars but only activated if with a $600 license key?

I also am not getting iDrive so I'm confused why there's DVD area coding. Doesn't make sense if I have the standard CD radio... Again, curious if anyone knows if this was a build code on non idrive X1's.

Last edited by edx1; 01-03-2013 at 08:44 AM.