View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 550i xDrive
The E92 is at the very end of its life cycle, with the F32 launch right around the corner. Coupe buyers in particular tend to be more style conscious, and don't line up to buy a model that will shortly be "outdated." For the few buyers who are out there, BMW is offering great lease deals on '13s to keep them from stagnating on dealer lots.

The example lease on BMW's website for a '13 335i xDrive Coupe is $389/month with $4114 cash due at signing. Even structured with $0 cash outlay whatsoever, you're looking at barely over $500/month. And that's before negotiating down from MSRP.

Having said that, you likely have three options if you're not able to continue the lease until the end of term:

1. Forfeit on your existing lease, turn the car in, and walk away. I'm not sure how BMW Finance handles this, and what the long-term implications are on your credit, but if you don't have a new source of income on the horizon, it may be worth considering.

2. If the consequences of (1) are too tough to stomach, and you can somehow come up with the cash to do so, increase the incentives on the lease transfer to at least $200/month for the remaining term. That will make your more competitive with the current offer, and someone who loves your car's color/option selections, and who can't find a match at a dealer, may bite.

3. Wait it out a bit longer until the 2013s are no longer on subsidized leases at the dealers. Eventually the residuals will tank on the '13s and the subsidized lease programs will stop being offered. At that time you may find someone who hates the styling/electric power steering/softer handling/first year unreliability/etc. of the F32 and is seeking a low mileage E92. That will take some time though, and you'll be stuck bleeding the monthly payments until then. Also, still no guarantee that you'll be able to transfer it without costly incentives.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully your financial situation will improve soon!

Past: '11 335i xDrive Coupe - 6MT

Past: '08 335xi Coupe - 6MT

Euro Delivery