View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
They replaced the switches and all seems well. I think that it operates better than when new. When new, you had to sometimes try squeezing the switch in different places to get it to work...now, it just seems to open.

As to the battery, I did leave it in a long-term parking lot for about 3-weeks awhile back, and when I got in, it presented a message saying it went into low battery save mode (or something like that). It started and ran, but I noticed it had lost some settings (like radio stations, etc.). So, it apparantly shuts down some non-essential things as the battery charge decreases. I do not know if that history was what made them replace the battery or not. I do mostly shorter distance trips, but have on occasion put a trickle charger on it. Even after a long trip 400+ miles, if I put the charger on it, it seems to think the battery is not fully charged. I will say that those trips are mostly interstate, and at steady speeds, so there may not be too many opportunities for it to recharge since the throttle is mostly applying power.

Anyone know when the logic triggers the alternator? I know it does it when stopping with the throttle released fully, I've even noticed it when on cruise in a long downhill, but does it also recharge after a start to bring the battery back, or on a long trip if it gets too low?