View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto: E36 M3
"Smartest" choice for an E46?

I'm part of another forum unrelated to cars so I know how they work. I tried searching before I posted, but I guess my searching skills aren't so great so I'm gonna have to make a thread

Right now I drive an E36 M3. I'll be graduating this year and hopefully be getting a job soon after. I love the look of the E46 coupes, both pre-facelift and facelift models. I want one as a daily driver so I want it to be as reliable as possible. I'm well aware that there are "smarter" and more reliable choices out there, but I want an E46 coupe because well...they're damn sexy haha

I only plan on doing exterior mods like an M-Tech or maybe an M3 replica front bumper, angel eyes, clear corners, rims, a drop, maybe a boot lid, etc.

Speed/performance isn't really a factor here because I'm still keeping my E36 M3 and if I ever have enough money I can just mod that for my fun car instead

My question is, what's the least problematic E46? From what I understand some models have problems with the cooling system, some have problems with the automatic transmission, etc.

My search skills must suck a little since I couldn't really find anything about this. Maybe I'm just using the wrong keywords I don't know. Can you guys point me in the right direction? My main concern for a daily driver are looks and reliability. I like the pre-facelift and facelift models equally so that isn't a concern

Long story short, between all the E46s...325i, 330Ci, etc., which model and year is the least problematic?

Last edited by Aestheticus; 01-03-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Advertisement