Thread: To get a BMW M3
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 BMW 325ci Convt.
Lightbulb To get a BMW M3

I'm looking to get a BMW m3 but I can't decide on features. I don't know if I want the manual transmission or the SMG gearbox. Manuals are fun yes and give you more control but i've always been a big fan of paddle shifters especially on the BMWs and since I commute to the city a lot on the weekends it wouldn't be much a hassle to use the SMG gearbox since no clutch engaging is required but yet still can have a blast on the highway. But then i heard the SMG gearbox is pretty garbage and has many issues. Can I hear from a trusted prospective? Has anybody got an BMW M3 with a SMG gearbox and would like to share their thoughts on it? Another thing i came across is convertibles, i live right by the beach in the Hamptons and it would probably feel great to let the sun in and fresh air be right over your head during the hot summer. I like the style of the roof down however i would be using the car all year round so the roof must come up when it gets cold but i don't like the style of the car with the roof up. I do know that there are hardtops for the car but they are pretty hard to find. Too much in my head, i'm rather very picky with cars and try to make them the best i can with what i got. Thanks and i look forward to your answers!
Ads by Google