View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
For the record, someone asked how to open the doors when the car battery is dead over here today:
> E39 (1997 - 2003) > Car battery is dead and cannot open doors! Please Help!

And this trunk related post was also today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaze540 View Post
So I'm on vacation in south carolina, and I've locked my key in the trunk. I've read plenty of threads, and I would be comfortable drilling a hole in the trunk, but I'm not really sure where I'm supposed to drill. It seems like everyone has heard of the concept but I haven't seen it done on an e39. I've seen the video of where it was done on an e38, but from what i can gather from realoem the locks arent quite the same. So can anyone tell me exactly where to drill? When I took off the license there was already a hole drilled dead in the center, but I havent been able to find the cable I'm supposed to be hooking, so I'm thinking it way be in the wrong place. Please help me, thanks.
Your job, in return, is to read the suggested threads, where the best people will always add value to those threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same problem stands on your shoulders.
See also: E39 Bestlinks & How to easily find what you need