View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
K-A - have you noticed the throttle tip-in issue on this car or no? Wondering if the issue is not there in the 2013's.
A little update on this, in Sport mode at least, I notice pretty much NO throttle tip in. It's pretty damn instantaneous. Sometimes (can't remember which setting this is in) the throttle is a little tricky for someone like me coming from a V6 Mercedes, as it kind of surprisingly jolts as if the Turbo spools up instantaneously, but I guess that can be seen as a good thing as it makes the car feel very aggressively torquey. All in all, I think BMW nailed it with the different settings and how they change throttle response. I'll keep paying attention to it.

Does anyone have a pointers about the "kick to open" rear trunk? It seems like every time I actually have my hands full, the kick doesn't open it. Today I was looking like a fool with hands full of groceries kicking the air under my car, finally after so many times my legs let go of coordination and maybe in a subconscious message accidentally lightly kicked the bottom of the bumper.... and then the trunk finally popped open. LOL. Please tell me you don't ACTUALLY have to kick the thing to engage that??

I gotta say, coming out of 5 years of M-B's, you feel cool as hell driving this car. The feeling and view from the cockpit just gives an incredible level of confidence considering you're in such a luxurious, solid, substantial feeling car (basically a performance vibe that feels comfortable and cozy while at the same time very safe and strong). It feels vastly more youthful and red-blooeded than the E, and just makes you feel cool as ice. Now I know why BMW drivers drive like such d-bags as if they own the road.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Last edited by K-A; 01-03-2013 at 11:38 PM.