View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
This needs to be repeated. As long as it doesn't live at the dealer, I think most people will be fine. If you have a competent dealer (hard to come by, I admit) and they give out loaners, it's not a big deal at all.

I usually don't buy a car looking at its reliability. Only exception is Jaguar/Land Rover. No way in hell am I diving into that mess
Remember that these are SUVs. For me reliability is very important in an SUV and I will be very dissapointed if our new Cayenne leaves me and/or my family stranded. We take our SUVs far out in the sticks where there is no cell coverage and dealers with loaners are hours if not days away and into the mountains in winter time with sub zero temperatures. The inconvinience and outright danger with having the vehicle disabled is far beyond the irritation of having to visit the dealer and driving a loaner. On the other hand my F10 spent more time at the dealer than on the road and it didn't really bother me that much since it was not often driven far outside populated areas and almost never by my wife. I was still happy to get rid of it but that was due to that the car's persona didn't fit me at all.

Last edited by solstice; 01-04-2013 at 11:30 AM.