View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:26 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
Town of Mansfield: "We'll let you pay your real estate tax bill online. We'll take the money straight from your checking account. And the charge for this is only ..."

Me: "Oh, you're going to charge me for doing all the data entry for you and giving you direct access to my checking account? Fine. Let's do it this way - I'll send you a check from my online account for free, and you can then manually enter all the information into your tracking system without a bill stub."

Morons.
It drives me batty when they want to charge a convenience fee when they are the ones who are getting the convenience. A good system should probably run them about $25,000 to $50,000 - and they want to charge $$ for people to use it. 1) That money is easily paid off in a couple of months, and 2) the amount of money they save from staff savings, error prevention, etc is insane.

I just send them checks from my bank account (online bill pay) so they can do it manually.

IDIOTS! BTW it's not just gov't, but also private.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.