View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up We just did !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
I'm in the process of ordering a X1 for PDC delivery - hopefully sometime in March. Any recommended routes to get back to CA? I live in the Bay Area but probably going to try to stop in Phoenix to visit family on the way, so southern routes seem more likely. What type of weather related issues should I be expecting? I'm thinking 700+ miles a day should be ok. My wife thinks driving across the country is insane and my dad jumped at the chance to go with me. He loves to drive, so I could see hitting more that 700 miles a day.
We did PCD in October We took our time 12 days. Lots of sightseeing. We did the southern route. First night in Atlanta. We then drove through Georgia , Alabama then Florida & stayed in Pensacola day 2. Met my cousin's family for dinner. I drove all 3,200 back to San Diego. My lovely wife navigated ! Our next stop was New Orleans for 4 days Then Nawlins to HOUSTON overnight. Houston to Norman Oklahoma. That was 400 miles ! Our longest day was Norman to Santa Fe , New Mexico. About 11 hours & 600 miles. Stayed in Santa Fe 2days. A beautiful city to shop & dine & explore. Albuquerque for one night. Our last stop was Albuquerque to Scottsdale . My wife & I visited friends relatives there. Last day was across the desert to San Diego. We stayed on mainly the interstates. I think 65 & 85 through Georgia & Alabama. Then 10 across Mississippi, Louisiana & Texas. We drove 40 from Norman Oklahoma to Santa Fe. It was a wonderful experience. Check one off "The Bucket List". You & your Dad will have a fabulous time. The PCD Experience is Awesome ! Spend some time in Greenville Cute Southern Town. ! Enjoy your new X1.
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.