View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi View Post
What is interesting to me is that this has more or less always been the case, yet those tiny, sub-compact, and harsh riding cars have sold very well. That's because the badge is almighty.

I have to note though that the old BMWs (E36 and E39) I have driven or sat in as a passenger always felt firm but very supple and smooth. I have never been inside an E90 while moving, so I don't know what people are describing as harsh. Is the the sport suspension, the older RFTs, or a combination? I assume the latter.
I disagree....at least partially. How many times have we all read someone new come to Bimmerfest and say something like this, "I had never driven a BMW and had no interest. Thought BMW was all hype and BMW drivers are jerks. OMG I can't believe how great this car drives! I've never driven anything like it! I love my new car! I can't stop driving. I'm constantly looking for an excuse to drive. Now I understand about BMWs!"? The brand may be powerful, but there's a reason for that. I never have come across a group of car owners as effusive as BMW owners.

The BMW CCA is the largest car club in the country, over 75,000 members according to the all knowing Wikipedia.. It's at least twice, and I think close to three times, as big as the Porsche club.

Regarding the E90 ride, I agree it is probably the latter. I do not share that opinion. I've driven my '06 E90 sport package 330i all over north Texas and now all around Chicagoland and I rarely experience unpleasant suspension issues.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 01-04-2013 at 07:01 PM.