View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I disagree....at least partially. How many times have we all read someone new come to Bimmerfest and say something like this, "I had never driven a BMW and had no interest. Thought BMW was all hype and BMW drivers are jerks. OMG I can't believe how great this car drives! I've never driven anything like it! I love my new car! I can't stop driving. I'm constantly looking for an excuse to drive. Now I understand about BMWs!"? The brand may be powerful, but there's a reason for that. I never have come across a group of car owners as effusive as BMW owners.

The BMW CCA is the largest car club in the country. It's at least twice, and I think close to three times, as big as the Porsche club.

Regarding the E90 ride, I agree it is probably the latter. I do not share that opinion. I've driven my '06 E90 sport package 330i all over north Texas and now all around Chicagoland and I rarely experience unpleasant suspension issues.
I agree. BMW has a very loyal following primarily based on the way the cars drive, because lets face it as a luxury car the 3 does not really offer any luxury features that are not readily available on many other brands. The driving dynamics is what traditionally has set BMW apart from the competition.

The way the cars drive is what built the brand and what made me determined to solve the "Pothole Explosions" issue since there was so much about the driving dynamics that I liked. In spite of my displeasure with the E9x suspension I resolved it and I did buy a second BMW (although not another 3er) which I have no issues with,

Obviously BMW needs to evolve with technology and with the market but if they lose sight of what built the brand they will very likely start losing market share.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 01-04-2013 at 07:03 PM.