View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippa View Post
It all boils down to a "fair trade" question : If you are looking for a means to an end and you want a vehicle to provide reliable transportation then Honda/Toyota is your choice..but if you want a ride that you look forward to getting in to expierience the trip..then a little aggrivation is a "fair trade" "The hoarse in the stable that is the most exciting to ride will also bite you , fight the bit , and kick you if they get a chance...but oh for those moments when she is flat out with your chin in her neck ....
The problem I have is that Ford and GM does it better in reliability than BMW now. That was not the case before. Both companies have progressed in reliability where as BMW has went the other way. A recent example is Mercedes's quality rating. It has been improving ever since Mercedes return their focus on their car instead of Chrysler. It is never a good sign when automakers spend so much on in warranty repairs. It is to their financial interest to make sure that does not happen.

Reliability takes time and engineering resource. It takes commitment toward quality standard in addition to performance engineering. BMW should do better.

Then again, BMW X5 35D is now rated as average reliability base on Consumer Reports. I know there are those that blast them. I will take average as a good sign to come.