View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 28i
I didn't notice the lag in acceleration until 6 months into driving. Brought the X3 in for 1st oil change and mentioned the sluggish acceleration from a complete stop. Service tech's took an hour and told me that they need to look at the car....gave me a courtesy xdrive 328i and what a friggin difference. the 328i moved like melted butter on a glass surface; quite smooth.

Later in the day BMW service called me back saying that there's a software glitch and they'll keep me updated. At end of the work day I get a call saying car is ready to get picked up. I show up at the dealership and then 4 people stop by saying that they're sorry but they thought the glitch could be fixed. Now they have to get BMW Engineers from BMW North America (in NY/NJ) to remote in and look into it. So I get to keep the 328i for another night.

Next day get a call again, car is fixed. I show up and demand an explanation. Head tech service guy says:
- Glitch caused by adaptive algorithm trying to adjust
- Applied new software update
- Applied software update for Satellite radio
- Rebooted the system
- Adaptive algorithm will re-learn my driving style and after a month or so the acceleration should be better

+++UPDATE+++

Acceleration has improved but the performance is still sluggish. Average fuel economy is down by 4 mpg. I noticed that now engine gives more boost to the acceleration and I feel its too much.

I tried to change the pressure applied on the pedal, but then it impacts performance and acceleration. I test drove an ACURA RDX and it's turbocharged engine kicks in on initial acceleration even when you don't need it. Sadly enough the X3 is now behaving like that.

It's marginally better in sport mode but just have to shift faster.

Miss driving the 328i xdrive. Now this 3 series responds quite well....wished x3 28i responded in the same manner *sigh*