View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone907 View Post
I'd say after 200+ miles, my X1 generally exceeds my expecatations, but two issues annoy me to no end:

Throttle hesitation (standing by for further news on the BMS stage 1 upgrade; may spring for this)

Professional Radio. More like a professional PITA!
Luckily we have a six so there is little hesitation, I barely made it out of the parking lot to test drive a 28i and turned around and laughed at the salesman. My wife liked the X1 but even she noticed the lag/hesitation right away with the 4cyl. Took a 35i for a ride and it was a lot better.

Since the only 35 on the lot didnt have iDrive I figured better to have the larger engine than the iDrive (didnt care much for the idrive in my old M3 to be honest). No doubt the 'business' radio has no business in a 40 thousand dollar 2013 anything. Luckily my wife drives the X1 and all she listens to is talk radio on sirius and has my number programmed into the voice calling. A 32gb usb thumb drive on random is all she needs for music. It doesnt sound bad at least.

She still hasnt figured out that the phone button on the steering wheel calls the last dialed number, not sure when I'll tell her

Luckily we didnt buy the car for the entertainment system. Overall we are happy with it and its a fun car to drive. The gas mileage is better than expected as well, Just turned 5000 miles and no real problems. Probably going to change the oil myself soon, not thrilled about waiting 15,000 miles for the first oil change.