View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by av98 View Post
I'm just perplexed why BMW doesn't just put Michelin PS2 RFTs and just call it a day in all the 3 series. It's what they used to do in the non-RFT days. None of this silly AS or summer tire combinations. PS2s or PSS are just as good in dry or wet weather with reasonable tread life; excluding snow of course. Hopefully an RFT for the PSS comes out soon as the treadware is much better than the PS2s.
Conspiracy theorist in me (when I wear tin-foil hat) says they didn't want to force customers to (almost) mandatory tire change and expose them to non-run flats. I know, I accepted my car's shenanigans (steering wheel tug, vibrations of cabin panels, noise, truck driving experience) faulting myself for wanting ZSP equipped car UNTIL I had to switch to winter tires. Then I knew it wasn't my fault. I also know right now it wasn't my fault because on Michelin PSS go-flat tires the car is superb.

I'm still strongly convinced that, if 100% of E9x and F30 owners were forced to switch to go-flat rubber, less than 10% would go back to RFT - regardless of all "safety" and "convenience" arguments you can read on these boards.

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .