View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Cray

Mein Auto: Porsche Macan S / SD Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by azray7 View Post
I think you are totally safe with the license plate. In my opinion, the only no-no is replacing the 535i trunk badge with a M5 one. That says poser and it's too obvious that it is not an M5. They didn't start making M5's again until 2013 and the body moldings are different.

Thanks for the input on the rocker panel decal. I have to admit, after more thought, I think it might take away from the looks.

I'm still curious if any 535i F10 owners have installed the new M Performance Exhaust. I would love some feedback before I pull the trigger and get it installed.
Cool, thanks. Yeah, I figure I'll probably stay away for now as I already have some plate frames but was wondering if it was "frowned upon". I just hate the look when M-B people have AMG badges anywhere on their car, but with BMW it's a little different as they actually market their M Sport cars as "M type" cars in a sense now, what with all the badges sprinkled around and with the M Performance aesthetics that you can buy for any Bimmer now.

I do really like the look of the badge, especially on black I think those colors really pop. I realized my wheels have M logo's on them so maybe that can pacify me for the exterior.

Yeah, when I was considering white, I looked at those rocker decals and thought I'd get them, until I saw some pics from a distance especially in slight shade, it just looked like there were no rocker panels and the car was sitting kind of high off the ground. That ixnayed it immediately to me.
2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign: White/Black (Alcantara/Leather), PDK, 20" RS Spyder's w/ Colored Crests & Summer Tires, Air Suspension w/ PASM, High-Gloss Black Trim, Premium Package, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Blacked Out Sidemarkers, Front Tints.

Recents: '13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black, Premium/Tech, Sport Auto, etc. M-B's: '11/10/06 E350 "Sport". '02 S500 w/ Every Option.