Thread: To get a BMW M3
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 M3
ill be honest you might have more expendable income since u live next to the hamptons but the repairs can be alot. I have a SMG, there are horror stories about the smg i had a software issue and it got fixed. To be honest i think alot of people are driving some of the cars extremely hard with the manual drive logic setting on high. This is my honest view: When you use the SMG tranny on the faster shifting modes its bang shifting with little delay. The smg pump has to work hard to do this. i dont know of any car that will be able to last under that kind of harsh conditions even a regular manual long term. I got quotes for the smg repair from $3000 to $6000. In shift mode i keep my drivelogic on level 4 and lift up on the gas just like a regular manual between shifts to prevent the bang or granny shift. i actually like the smg for the other features such as auto downshift if needed, match revs, paddle shifts. If you got the car bug, test drive both tranny's. In heavy traffic the car isnt that bad but it still rolls back just like a manual tranny. I hope this helps.

Last edited by lenardbjr; 01-07-2013 at 04:34 PM.