View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '99 528iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore33 View Post
Woah, woah, wait a minute. Engine, make, or model does not make an "enthusiast car," passion makes an "enthusiast car." Explain all the MG, Fiat, BMW 2002, Porsche 914, 356, 912, and etc people? A a good condition BMW 2002 is dirt slow compared to your "almighty" mid-level v8 and still worth more than most e39s.

Maybe expand into other "enthusiast cars" especially older ones that are "vintage" where people actually truly worked on/modified/updated the cars. Heck, most of the BMW owners with 20+ year old cars will put most e39ers to shame.

P.S. Some of us with "mediocre" e39s have "medicore" e39s for "medicore" driving since we have other cars that are "enthusiast cars."
Thank you sir! You are right on the money.
Passion for automobiles is what motivates me. My first experience with BMW was a ride in a '67 1602 38 years ago.

On a sunny summer Saturday afternoon, I'll take the Fiat out for a four hour backroads cruise with the top down while the German cars sit at home! If I had a Packard, I'd be driving that as well.

Go to a vintage event, you will see passionate people everywhere you look. If you have neven been to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, you should, at least once in your lifetime. You will remember the event forever!

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
Benjamin Franklin

2001 530iA STEEL BLUE/Sand - Sport/Premium/Cold Package
1999 528iA JET BLACK/Black - Sport/Premium/Heated Seats
1999 528iT CASHMERE BEIGE/Sand - Sport/Premium Package - 5 speed
1982 Fiat 2000 Spider - BLUE METALLIC/Blue