View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Wilma

Mein Auto: Z3 3.0i Road, 650i, 328xd
I had issues just recently here in Cncinnati..weather got down to 15 degs F. My Car is driven daily...I left home and within 1 mile of the house, I had a transmission fault and the Engine stopped...It happened at a 4 way stop, with traffic in all directions...Embarrassed to say the least...Kept Calm and restarted the car and limped off to a parking lot understand what the message center was displaying...Earlier that day when parked in Walmart...the alarm system was chirping when I was returning back to the car and when I started the car it suddenly shut off with 30 secs of starting...Car restarted without issue...Having reviewed all threads on battery issues and transmission fault codes, I checked the battery...Black Eye indicated...so I associated my problems with the cold and the battery not functioning correctly when at low rpms or at stop...I have since replaced my Battery with an Interstate MTP H8 and had the local BMW Enthusiast garage reset the codes...Cost me $225 for Battery and Labor...Battery cost $175...All logged codes were reset and the battery registered to the vehicle electronic system...Have been out in 12 deg F weather and have had no problems since...My suggestion is find a Garage that will replace the Battery, Register it to the Vehicle, and reset all the codes and see what happens...Best to shop around...Local BMW Store & Jake Sweeney BMW wanted more than $520 for this service stating it took 3 hours to register battery to electronic system...It takes around 15 mins max for the registering update...