View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint.Magnum View Post
Final quote from main dealer BMW to replace engine..15,300!!
Insurance Company informed, no haggling, they sent an Assessor to the garage to have a look at it and he has written the car off..so that's the end of my beloved 645..let's see what sort of payout they give me!
I'm gutted, can't believe the car could be written off for what was essentially water about the size of a cup worth.
Probably for the best at this point, I hope you come out OK with the settlement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 645/333 View Post
Finally the Z4 you see in the picture has now gone, I paid 29k for it in April 2012 ( I traded in my 6 series for it 8k which they sold for 14.5k, I could not sell it privately) I then sold the Z4 in Sept. 2012 (6 months) and the dealer I purchased the car from would only offer 20K and many dealers refused to even consider it...... now that was a lesson in depreciation and a warning to others!!!!
That sucks, trading a car in is always favors the dealer. But when you are in a situation like you said, where you are unable to sell it yourself, not much choice. Depreciation in 6 months should be that dramatic, they are just jamming it to you so they can make more money!