View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Probably for the best at this point, I hope you come out OK with the settlement.

That sucks, trading a car in is always favors the dealer. But when you are in a situation like you said, where you are unable to sell it yourself, not much choice. Depreciation in 6 months should be that dramatic, they are just jamming it to you so they can make more money!
Hi! What made the Z4 purchase really bad, is that it was owned yes owned by BMW as a staff car, I proved to them that in my opinion it had been abused, anyway sorted out some problems but was concerned about others as it developed a knocking noise in the rear, sounded very much like a drive shaft moving in and out of the diff, as it happened on successive bends when the car was warmed up, anyway log tale short BMW recognised that it was a problem but kept fobbing me off about repairing it, at one point saying leave the car with us but we won't work on it for a week and a half, leaving me with no car etc... by which time I had had enough.......even though the car was well within warranty!!! When you have a potential lemon it is so hard to live with it and very hard to get appropriate action as the laws in the UK are very different to your lemon law!!!!!
Funnily enough I stupidly believed that being owned by BMW first would have been a benefit, how wrong I was !!!! I hate learning lessons that cost mega bucks and I am no fool!!!!
PPS Don't want to talk the Z4 down as my brother bought one part on my recommendation, it is his first sports car which is a big thing for him !!! Would I own a Z4 again never!! but will do all in my power to ensure my brother gets the best out of his purchase!!! He does not read the 6 series forum Lol !!!

Does my bum look good in this !

Last edited by 645/333; 01-06-2013 at 06:17 AM.