View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneArch View Post
S-Note is an island of information. Last I checked it had no cloud sync to any other app. Lose your phone, lose your info.

Evernote does require a Premium account to store files locally (available when no internet connection) AKA "offline notebooks". But a HUGE advantage to Evernote is cloud synching notes across different machines or even cross platform. I do from my Win7 PC to my Two Macs, iPad and iPhone all day.

There really is no comparison
You can sync your S Note with your laptop or Desktop which should be enough for note taking on a smartphone. The average person out there just wants to sync their notes,notes with pictures or audio with their laptop or desktop. If you want to sync your info with more than one computer such as a desktop and laptop then you could sync to both. I see it as a HUGE disadvantage that they created the software/application without giving the end user the option to choose to just sync on their own devices without needing to go through their cloud server.

It would be like smartphones not giving you the option to just store your contacts in your smartphone where you could only store them with their cloud server so that in case you lose your phone you don't lose all your contacts as they would have a copy of everything on their server. No thank you but I would rather keep everything on my own device and they offer the option to sync/upload all personal contact info to their sever only or those that choose to do so on their own without being forced into doing so without any options. Too much freedom is slowly leading to practically no freedom,privacy or options these days.
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold

Last edited by stylinexpat; 01-06-2013 at 05:50 PM.