Thread: BMW U.S. Sales
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by petee1997 View Post
MB has no competition for the 528i in the US. In Canada, we have the E300 which is less equipped and does not have the AMG package standard.

Prices and models vary by country but when I was shopping the CLS 550 4M against the 650i x drive Gran Coupe, BMW was out to lunch. Base price on the Gran Sport in Canada is 100K compared to a base of 84K for the CLS. However ,comparing model for model on equipment, the BMW was 25K more. Including dealer charges and options the MB was 96K compared to 119K for the Bimmer. I compared that to US pricing and the cars were in the same ball park.

MB adjusted their prices when they introduced the new generation CLS in the Fall of 2011. Now a similarly equipped CLS in Canada is within 6K of US pricing. Keep in mind Canadian cars come with more standard equipment which explains the higher base.

With the dollar at par it's hard to comprehend why our cars are more expensive.

PS I must admit, I would have purchased the Gran Coupe if it had been within 5K of the CLS. That said, the CLS is one of the best performing cars I have owned to date.
Maybe, but it does not even come close in matching the looks. The CLS is very dated now. You are pursuing based on that..