View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:59 PM
BM6er

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645ci
Exclamation BMW Transmission Issue solved

As a member of the boards I have seen my fair share of individuals with transmission issues (delayed reverse gear, hard shifts, transmission faults, etc). I recently experienced transmission issues and decided to do a bit of research and stumbled upon a post which presented a possible solution through replacement of the transmission solenoids. So I figured WTH, I could spend 500 dollars and some time in the garage and find out if it was a real solution, as opposed to spending $6000+ on a transmission replacement. I am here to testify that the replacement of the solenoids indeed WORKS! Solenoids were replaced and adaptations were reset using the INPA program. It took me about 6 hrs to complete the job in my garage, but it's only because I am a perfectionist when dealing with torque specs, torque sequence, etc. it was a very dirty job, so if you feel as though you can tackle this job go for it, just make sure that you have a ton of pig mat at your disposal. The solenoids were purchased from thectsc.com at roughly $500. I went ahead a replaced the tranny filter and fliud while I was at it as well. I hope that this post helps many of my fellow BMW owners as I think that this is a great driving machine.

Here is a link to the original post: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=654634