Thread: BMW U.S. Sales
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
My issue with the CLS is all the unnecessarily wayward lines that just crash everywhere. I can't make sense of them and would love to actually hear the designers (in non marketing speak) describe just what they were thinking when they drew a reverse wedge line that runs down Zorro style on a car that's supposed to be a sporty "Coupe", not to mention one is inherently wedge shaped (wedge shaped architecture with a reverse wedge line that has no correlation whatsoever with said architecture?). And why the door handles don't even follow said line (nor aren't even placed on the line for a tied together look). Why said line crashes into a random point of the fender swelling, then why the bottom line goes wedge shaped all of a sudden, again having no tie-in with anything else around it. Maybe I'm a simpleton but good car design to me has to look connected and cohesive. The CLS has about 3 dimensions in its look which IMO breaks it up and makes it appear much shorter and less lengthy/sleek than it should.

Ordered: 2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign.

Ex MB's: 11/10/06 E350 "Sport", 02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Last edited by K-A; 01-06-2013 at 08:53 PM.