View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone907 View Post
So grey, it sounds like the kit provided some nice improvement everywhere, except the area I was hoping it would fix the most.

Aside from tip-in not really getting addressed while in D, I'm curious to find out how you feel about the advertised HP gains from this kit. I've enjoyed the need-more-HP bug for some time, and the one thing I've leared is that HP isn't cheap. If it is, then something is wrong. HP, reliability, and cost... pick two of the three. This kit advertises some pretty remarkable gains, especially for the price; so naturally I'm taking that with a HUGE grain of salt. I had planned to pick this kit up, if for nothing else than to fix the throttle lag, but if there is actually a noticeable increase in power, for example if BMW REALLY left that much HP on the table by not tuning it like BMS just did, then i might go for it anyway. It's just that when I see items that run $10-$15 per HP offered, I am very skeptical.

I'm glad the initial review was favorable!
It is relatively simple to increase HP in turbo charged cars. For NA cars, it's really expensive.

Manufacturers usually have lots of safety margins built in just to make sure their cars are reliable and are compatible to various extreme driving conditions and different petrol grades.