View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1988 m20b20 BMW E34
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio20
hi David,

Saw your engine's pictures online.

That's alot of gunk on your engine dude ! The previous owners did not take care of your engine.

Add 1-2 quarts of pump diesel to your crankcase and run at idle for 20 minutes at the next oil change. After that, add cheap mineral oil and do another 1-2 quarts of diesel right away, then change filter and add the right oil. Do not drive the car while doing this, do not rev the engine either. Leave it at idle throughout. Take another picture after that of the same location and post it up here. Also state if you notice any performance changes...might not be a great test because you'll be using new oil which always makes the engine feel better, but who knows.

cheers,
Roberto
u know what .. i was thinking the same thing .. the engine is not very clean ... but then i saw lots of videos online .. all of the engines seem to be yellowish/brownish from the inside ... i tried swiping it with my finger .. doesnt go away ...
do u think those things they sell in the stations really work ? ... i once did it to my brothers Skoda .. the oil changing dude told me to try one engine cleaning product because he noticed that the oil inside the engine is very dark ... so i agreed .. the engine seemed to become a little bit smoother ....

but on my BMW i didnt try those things ... the way he did it , is add 2 cans of that stuff into the engine with the old oil inside .. let the car idle for 10 minutes ... them make the oil change ....

it would be easier for me to try those products .. because i honestly dont know whats pump diesel and mineral water is .. or where to get them .... any suggestions concerning those engine cleaning products ?

cant send u a private message , thats why i replied here ... sorry