View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Yup. Those people don't understand the laws of physics or probabilities. Tailgating is probably my grade A pet peeve. People blithely increasing the odds of an accident for the cheapest of reasons: 'I'm in a hurry man, get out of my way.'

I wish I had video of the times I've been on a two lane road, maybe a semi rural road, speed limit 40 to 50, and some DB gets right on my tail even though I have several cars ahead of me with a sane spacing between us. I'm not going to get anywhere quicker by getting up on their ass. So I pull over and let the DB go by, only to see him go up and get on the next guy's butt. About a minute later, we all come to stop light where we sit together for a minute or so.
or they get on your butt and you move over to let them pass - only to see them take an exit that is light-controlled - you carry on at your regular pace while they sit at the back of a line of traffic at a light fuming because they're held up YET AGAIN....

I do get kind of upset that my family say I "drive like a grandpa" - which I sort of do when the car has people in it - I give it a got bit more right-pedal when I'm on my own - but I'm always looking ahead, round the bend, at side-streets and intersections - and I practically never get on the butt of someone in traffic... coz it annoys me when people do it to me... the exception to that is when you get someone going 72 in the left lane on the interstate -I'll flash them to tell them to move right.

Three things I always try to respect... keep your rubber and brakes in good condition - be aware of road conditions - stopping takes more distance than you think it does - especially when you're needing to stop "in a hurry"

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!