View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfh View Post
Driving on a two-lane freeway. All's clear except for the two big rigs driving back to back in the right lane ahead of me, doing 60. So I am going to pass them, no sweat.

Except ...

Before I can get there, the second truck swings into the left lane and proceeds to pass the first truck going 61--that is, going exactly one mile per hour faster than the first truck.

Going 61 behind a truck, waiting for him to pass another truck, feels like an eternity. And since they see you're in a BMW, you just know they're yukking it up with each other on their CB, good buddy.
Truckers definitely do stuff to annoy drivers of "fast cars" - I've experienced it a couple times - but the worst this one...

We actually had a trucker change lanes on us while we were over-taking TWO truckers on I-80 between Cheyenne and Laramie - I am certain he deliberately tried to run me off I-80 - they were all on their CBs and I had to put my wheels PAST the rumble-strip and hit it HARD to get round him - we have no idea how close it was, but we were convinced it wasn't going to end well - by the time I was past him I was triple digits and then some - because I had started the over-taking maneuver doing 95+

This was 3 years back in the E92 335i - the car was well up to operating temp and those 90-something to 110+ are pretty quick - not 911 turbo quick, but still quick.

Why am I sure he did it deliberately? Because he moved from the middle lane to the fast (left) lane - with ZERO vehicles in front of him going up an incline - I asked Mrs wyb to get his plate - no front plate that she could see - I wanted to pull over - and Mrs wyb begged me not to - probably a good idea to keep going - so I just kept it triple digit and turned the air blue with my language instead of stopping...

Just watch out for truckers - they can be total morons.

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!