View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas645 View Post
She's at the shop right now gettin' all fixed up for me so I can ride her another 100k!! Coolant leak is under the intake manifold. He said it needs a cap replaced. Oil leal is a valve cover and main gasket. I told them to change the belts and flush all the fluids. The front control arms were fine.

$2800

Can anyone suggest any other parts that I should replace while there at it for preventative measures??
If you have the "dreaded coolant leak" which weeps out the hole in passenger side manifold cover, then that fix requires at least $2-$3K on it's own. There is also a common coolant leak at the coolant temp sensor that costs about $100 to fix. I would find out what exactly your shop is doing.

The "dreaded" leak requires pulling apart the entire manifold and installing a new pipe from All German Auto. You should at least change the manifold cover gaskets in this case. Check out this DIY thread to see what's involved (download the .pdf), it is a MAJOR job - the dealer pulls the engine and charges $9-$11K for this job.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater